Easy to make and always delicious, buffalo chicken dip is the best warm dish to ring in the fall season.
Photos By: Meg Rees
Fall is bringing cold weather, Halloween vibes, and a new list of recipes to try out. One such recipe is buffalo chicken dip. It’s an excellent recipe ideal for gameday events, family gatherings, and a fall get-together with friends. Easy to make and always delicious, buffalo chicken dip is the best warm dish to ring in the season. And, if you don’t eat it all in one sitting, you can save some leftovers to enjoy.
- 1/2 cup of Frank’s Red Hot (or whatever hot sauce you like best)
- 8 ounces (one pack) of cream cheese
- 1 cup of chopped, pre-cooked chicken breast or substitute (or uncooked, which adds a step)
- 1/2 cup of sour cream
- 1/2 cup of bleu cheese (optional)
- 2 cups Colby-Jack shredded cheese
- Tortilla chips or other dipping items
- Baking dish
- Ingredient mixing materials
Step 1: Preheat the oven to 350 F.
Step 2: Prep ingredients and baking dish (tip: for the cream cheese, leave it out for a bit or heat it up for a few seconds in the microwave to make it easier to spread). If chicken is not pre-cooked, put chicken in a skillet with the hot sauce and heat until cooked.
Step 3: With cooked chicken and hot sauce, stir in cream cheese, sour cream, and bleu cheese until warm and melted.
Step 4: Next, stir in half of the shredded cheese until melted. Then, sprinkle the remaining shredded cheese on the top and put it in the oven.
Step 5: Bake, uncovered, until cheese is melted or for about 20 to 25 minutes.
Step 6: Serve with tortilla chips or other dipping items and enjoy.