Athens has been blessed with warm weather this past week, but believe it or not, the holiday season has begun. No sign of snow, but December first came and went, and somehow we are less than a week away from finals. My hope is that in the chaos, we are all taking some time to take care of ourselves. That may mean a study break before tears begin to flow. It could mean calling home to talk to someone we love. Or it may be a simple as intentionally reminding ourselves that our finals and grades are not accurate representations of the fullness we embody.
This is a celebratory recipe for celebrating the holidays, passing an exam or making it through the week. Maybe you’re vegan or maybe the idea of drinking egg has never sat well with you. Regardless, this spiced vegan eggnog recipe this recipe will delightfully warm up your evening or spice up your gatherings.
Ingredients: (Four large servings)
- Four cups of dairy free milk (I used a combination of coconut and almond milk but cashew and soy work well too)
- 1/2 cup spiced rum (or to your liking)
- Four tbs sugar
- One tsp nutmeg
- One 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Dash of cinnamon
- Whisk all ingredients in a large bowl
- Pour nogg into a blender and blend until slightly frothy
- Serve cold and top glasses with an extra dash of cinnamon or nutmeg and a cinnamon stick or candy cane for an added festive touch.
Enjoy your well deserved breaks with this heart-warming holiday drink in hand. (: