Hello friends, and happy Saturday! Today, I want to chat about creating a healthy workout routine during the winter months. Moving our bodies is really important, even if it’s just doing a few stretches or lying on a foam roller. As soon as it gets chilly outside, I know I’d certainly prefer to stay in with a fluffy blanket and a hot cup of English breakfast tea!
But, that’s not always the best choice for keeping your body healthy and happy. Here are a couple of tips and tricks that will help you feel more motivated to get your blood pumping with a light yoga flow or a HIIT workout. From personal experience, here are some ideas that’ll help you start your fitness kick this winter:
- Grab a friend and go to a group workout class that you’ve never tried before.
- Choose to walk instead of ride a bike or the bus, especially when it’s warm enough to do so outside!
- Hop on Instagram or Pinterest, and find a couple of home workout exercises that will help you power through a quick HIIT workout in your living room.
- Check out Alo Yoga and similar YouTube channels where you can find FREE yoga flows and workouts from professional yogis (this is a personal favorite!).
- Hydrate, hydrate, and hydrate some more! Water has so many incredible benefits for the body.
- Remember to eat all the good, healthy foods and stay warm!
Happy Thanksgiving, everyone! I hope you all have a festive week and come back ready for finals!