Hello, beautiful people! It is officially FALL! It’s time to celebrate the best-smelling, coziest, and most beautiful time of the year. I have to admit, one of my favorite aspects about this amazing season is the flavors. My other favorite thing is coffee. Combine the two and you get a wonderful creation: the pumpkin spice latte. BUT the only parts I dread about buying one of these babies is the price and the sugar content.
In a grande pumpkin spice latte from Starbucks, there are 50 grams of sugar, 14 grams of fat, and 240 milligrams of sodium. There are 380 calories in total. I am not a nutritionist whatsoever, but I did take one basic level nutrition class freshman year; to say the least, I know that amount of added sugar probably isn’t the healthiest for your body. Now, I am not trying to scare you or steer you away from treating yourself every now and then, BUT I do want to offer you a healthier, cheaper option that will have your body thanking you. It’s a win-win! Introducing the game-changing healthy, all-natural pumpkin spice latte! ENJOY!
Healthy Pumpkin Spice Latte
- 1 cup of strong coffee
- 1/2 cup of canned coconut (or almond, cashew, or low fat) milk
- 1 tablespoon of pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- A drizzle of maple syrup
- Heat the milk and pumpkin on the stove over medium-low heat (or put it in the microwave for about two minutes).
- Add in the pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, and maple syrup to the pumpkin and milk mixture.
- Pour the mixture into a blender. Blend until it’s foamy and evenly mixed together.
- Pour into a mug, add coffee, and stir.
- Heat in the microwave for another 30 seconds, if necessary.
- Add more cinnamon on top if you’d like!
- E N J O Y !
Recipe inspired by the Natural Paleo Family Blog