Come one, come all! Denim is throwing a comeback party and you’re invited!
In the past, we have seen the likes of bell bottoms turn into straight-legged piped pants. Then, we saw the pipes turn into skintight jeans. Since this cultural revolution, we have seen our beloved skintight trousers turn to the deep, dark, thin threads of leggings.
How did we get to this deep, dark place? This place where pants are all but see through, when they used to be thick and sturdy. When did we go from buying a pair of pants that lasted years, to buying a pair of pants that last five days? When did we loose our faith in denim? Why did we loose our faith in demin?
Those questions may never have answers, but there is a light at the end of the tunnel.
We are all residents of the year 2018 and we are living! The time is now and the place is here. We are in the midst of a self-love revolution and that means wearing what you love, and not conforming to the likes of anyone but yourself.
That means that denim is coming back! Denim can be seen being sported through a vintage jean jacket, or a brand new pair of skinny jeans. Boot cut pants are on the rise like they’re being worn by Britney Spears again in the early 2000s, and bell bottoms are rocking out like it’s 1970.
We are in the midst of a revolution where everything can be considered fashionable! This self-love, this confidence, this courage has allowed our generation to span decades of clothing and decades of denim, bringing them all together to suit people’s individual styles.
I’m talking jean jackets, skinny jeans, bell bottoms, and fit and flare. You name it and it’s back with a bang.
If you are interested in denim, the comeback kid, I’m going to show you the three funkiest and freshest items that I could find (on a college student’s budget of course) and where to get them!
- The H&M Denim Jacket comes in six colors. Ranging from a light wash that is so light it’s almost white, to a dark wash so dark it’s basically black. For only $22.99 you could be rocking an iconic piece with the ability to pull together any outfit. Photo from: www2.hm.com
- If you feel like channeling your inner Donna and The Dynamos, then these pants are perfect for you! From everyone’s favorite Forever 21, here is a pair of high-rise, fit and flair, dark-wash jeans with buttons! They ring in at $35.00. Photo from: forever21.com
- If you love pipe pants and denim, then the mom jean look is perfect for you. My personal favorites are the women’s high-rise, boyfriend fit jeans from Uniqlo for only $19.90.
Photo from: www.shape.com
If you found a piece that you like, I am more than elated. But, if nothing suit your fancy, I hope that it at least inspired you to find something that does. What is most important in the world is to be who you are and wear what you love! You’re all incredible! Go out, have a comeback, denim sized, and seize the day! #CARPEDENIM
Shop the look:
- H&M Denim Jacket: http://www2.hm.com/en_us/productpage.0484205004.html
- Forever 21 high-rise jeans: https://www.forever21.com/us/shop/catalog/product/f21/bottom_jeans/2000314401
- Uniqlo jeans: https://www.uniqlo.com/us/en/women-high-rise-boyfriend-fit-jeans-404606COL65INS032000.html?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIkZePtMS_3QIVTbjACh0AWA77EAQYAiABEgISrfD_BwE