Hello! Today, Rachel and I decided to do a bit of a different concept for our blog: music suggestions! With the Athens weather being seriously gloomy the past few months, there is always one way to power through the grogginess of winter and spring’s somber spirit: getting groovy to our favorite tunes.
Rachel and I tend to differ in our music tastes sometimes, but we’re always down to chill together no matter who’s got the aux 🙂
Emma’s Top Suggestions:
● Wallows – listen any song if you wanna vibe in a good mood (their new album “Nothing Happens” just dropped this month and is excellent)
● Shawcross and Prize // Reward (albums) by Good Morning – for some indie-rock sounds
● The Beatles – they’re sure to brighten you’re mood
● The Velvet Underground – old rock legends who created superb music
● “Glowing Brightly” by Florist – a soft indie tune, good to relax to
● Patched Up (album) by Beabadoobee – a girl with a beautiful voice that’s great for chillin to or listening to before bed
● Drive North (album) by SWMRS – some nice punk-rock songs
Rachel’s Top Suggestions:
● “Cold War” by Cautious Clay
● Post Malone!!!
● Rex Orange County
● “Fine China” by Future and Juice WRLD
● Weezer’s Teal Album
● “Sucker” by The Jonas Brothers
● Billie Eilish
● Lana Del Rey
P.S. Lana and Billie drop their new albums on Friday and we couldn’t be more hyped for it!
And, of course, we recommend listening to the band Judge Russo available on Spotify and Apple Music!!
We hope you all are powering through this gloomy season with us, and hopefully enjoy these music suggestions as much as we do!